About Me

My photo
Clacton-on-Sea, North Essex, United Kingdom
Hello and welcome, I'm Diane and I am Mum to two lovely, lively and craft-minded children, Tayla and Arron. I love my crafts,especially knitting and crochet but my main passion is designing and making mosaics. I have been mosaicing since 2007, using a variety of different items. I suppose I should call myself a mixed-media mosaic artist. I also love the challenge of a commission!!! All my items (including those on Flickr) are for sale, just leave me a message for details. (I do have Paypal)

Thursday 20 May 2010

Crosses

These are some crosses I recently made:



The first is made using lilac varigated glass which is irridescent and actually shines in shades of pink, grey, green and lilac. I've used crackle mirror for the centre piece and plain silver mirror for the squiggles. The woards peace and love are some alphabet beads that I must have bought some time ago and forgot about, but as they are pastel coloured thought they went well with the colour combo. I think this is my favourite.


The next cross is all plain silver mirror accented with blue irridescent moons and yellow irridescent stars, these are glass nuggets, again bought some time ago and forgotten about until now.








This third cross is just simply vintage bone china with a honeysuckle pattern








Lastly, this cross is made using varigated gren glass with dark purple glass accent. The inspiration for this cross came from some polymer clay buttins that I had recently bought. I've used these as accents. I then found some purple dyed shell beads in my stash and added these for some extra purple. I grouted this piece in grey. I think this is probably my second favourite.

2 comments:

  1. They are all fantastic! Initially my favourite was the one with moons and stars (mainly because I love anything with moons and stars on) but I do like the top one, I like way the whole thing follows the squiggles and creates a very very clever effect.

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane,
    I have featured your crosses on my blog www.creativeandfaithful.blogspot.com for a discovery day.
    Hope you don't mind!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete