About Me

My photo
Clacton-on-Sea, North Essex, United Kingdom
Hello and welcome, I'm Diane and I am Mum to two lovely, lively and craft-minded children, Tayla and Arron. I love my crafts,especially knitting and crochet but my main passion is designing and making mosaics. I have been mosaicing since 2007, using a variety of different items. I suppose I should call myself a mixed-media mosaic artist. I also love the challenge of a commission!!! All my items (including those on Flickr) are for sale, just leave me a message for details. (I do have Paypal)

Friday 20 November 2009

oh what a week!

Well, what can I say, having set out this week in a fairly good mood, things deteriorated a bit, all due to personal matters which I won't bore everyone with. The end result being that I have spent the last three days trying to sort out problems and on the phone to various bodies, so needless to say not much mosaicing got done.

I have today just been doing a unicorn, this one will be different to the last few I have done because I am using varigated grey glass for his "skin" rather than white. I have also used gold mirror for his horn, as opposed to silver.

I am still undecided about his mane though, I have three options, cobalt blue whispy, turquoise whispy or jade/teal whispy.

On asking friends on Facebook, I have received mixed answers to am still none the wiser as to what may look best.

I have a craft fair on Sunday at Colne School in Brightlingsea, Essex. I have only ever done two school fairs before, neither one being a success to am having mixed feelings about this one. Fingers crossed it will be ok.

I will give updates next week both on the unicorn and also the fair on Sunday. HAPPY CRAFTING ALL


Oh and lastly........ both the horse and panda have been received and liked by their owners. Still to send the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment